Top 5 Direct Mail Marketing Do's & Dont's
- Learn the basics of direct mail marketing because mistakes are expensive.
- Keep it SIMPLE!
- Identify your target. Invest in quality lists, copy, creative and printing.
- Postage is expensive, you don’t want to waste it.
- Measure, Measure, Measure.
- Communicate benefits—early, often and clearly.
- Test lists, offers, copy, creative.
- Create a sense of urgency with deadlines and/or incentives
- Commit to a regular mailing schedule. Don't be a one shot wonder.
- Make specific goals (3 new customers) and objectives (increase product awareness) and calculate ROI (return on investment)
- Buy cheap creative from someone that doesn't know direct mail
- Forget that a good list and a good offer are the main ingredients of your campaign’s success.
- Neglect to create a strong, clear obvious call to action.
- Make it hard for recipients to purchase or respond, give them options - e-mail, web, call 800#, landing pages, text messages.
- Forget to put several “seeds” on every mailing list.
Personalization Improves ROI. Frequently by 2X to 5x the response.
An Info Trends study indicated personalized direct mail resulted in:
34% faster response rates
48% percent more repeat orders
25% average order value increase
The Key is to personalize with RELEVANCE!
Offering quality printing and communications solutions to
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, and the Triangle since 1979.