Reagan has also been mentioned in the people section of the Triangle Business Journal. Just one more addition to the deep well of experience and know-how that is Universal Printing. Next time you need printing, banners, posters, envelopes, mailing or just about anything ink-on-paper, contact us or give us a call. We’re right around the corner.
Here at Universal Printing, we love “Good Design.” Not only do we have our own talented Design professionals in-house, but we’ve been fortunate to work with a number of amazing Ad Agencies and Independent Designers from around the country. Everyone has their own style and work habits, but almost all of them have one thing in common: They always want tips, suggestions, and feedback from their Printing Partner.
Here’s a simple “fun” fact about printing: Printers CRINGE at projects with dark blue ink!
We’ve noticed over the past several years that some of our clients have tried the offshore printing gig (like in China, for example.) As far as we can tell, they have all come back to buying locally with someone they can trust, have a face to face conversation with, and avoid experiencing any of the challenging cultural differences.
This experience has been both rewarding and frustrating for us. Frustrating because we usually don’t find out until a client has already printed overseas, been burned or let down, and then come back. Rewarding because they do come back, with similar stories and a realization that the trust, professionalism, quality and reliability we provide as a “given”, which they had previously taken for granted, has real value to their companies.
One of the advantages of being in business for over thirty years, is that we’ve seen a lot of exciting changes in the world of commercial printing and graphics communications. Computer-to-Plate (CTP) systems have made a huge impact in traditional offset printing, providing better printing plates capable of amazing image quality. Our chemistry-free plating system develops on press which adds an incredible environmental benefits as well. Technology has lead to major improvements in the areas of digital printing and copying also — using faster, more precise RIPS, and producing higher resolution output in shorter periods of time. When you add our GRACoL G7 processes into the mix, you get dynamic color which is repeatable and matches across ALL devices. Exciting stuff!
As proven experts in both Digital Printing and traditional Offset Printing, we have a great deal of experience and advice that we’re more than happy to share with our clients. First, let’s take a look at the advantages of each printing method:
Advantages of Digital
- Lower cost per unit for shorter runs (no money tied up in plates or make-ready)
- Faster turn-around times (no drying time required.)
- Variable Data printing so each page can be unique
- Instant Proofing, since each proof IS a print
- Less waste since there’s virtually ZERO make-ready
Advantages of Offset
- Lower cost per unit for longer runs (Unit cost goes down as print quantity goes up)
- Better Quality with higher image resolution (especially when combined with CTP, like we do!)
- More paper options (Most digital devices require special papers and smooth finishes, which makes linen and laid finishes challenging or not possible)
- Pantone Spot Color and Metallic Ink options (Not all colors can be built from CMYK, no matter how hard you try!)