Universal Printing takes great pride in offering the best of all graphic communication worlds: Award Winning Graphic Design, G7 Master Printer level digital output and commercial printing, and the latest in Direct Mail, featuring variable data and cross-media marketing solutions. Over the years, we’ve worked with a lot of clients and companies who find themselves getting into a 2- or 3-prong approach with their projects: One company for design, another print, and sometimes even a third to handle the mailing. Not a very efficient process, in our opinion. WE always want to focus more on what is in the best interest of our clients. Here’s a few reasons why a “single source solution” makes sense.
One of the advantages of being in business for over thirty years, is that we’ve seen a lot of exciting changes in the world of commercial printing and graphics communications. Computer-to-Plate (CTP) systems have made a huge impact in traditional offset printing, providing better printing plates capable of amazing image quality. Our chemistry-free plating system develops on press which adds an incredible environmental benefits as well. Technology has lead to major improvements in the areas of digital printing and copying also — using faster, more precise RIPS, and producing higher resolution output in shorter periods of time. When you add our GRACoL G7 processes into the mix, you get dynamic color which is repeatable and matches across ALL devices. Exciting stuff!
As proven experts in both Digital Printing and traditional Offset Printing, we have a great deal of experience and advice that we’re more than happy to share with our clients. First, let’s take a look at the advantages of each printing method:
Advantages of Digital
- Lower cost per unit for shorter runs (no money tied up in plates or make-ready)
- Faster turn-around times (no drying time required.)
- Variable Data printing so each page can be unique
- Instant Proofing, since each proof IS a print
- Less waste since there’s virtually ZERO make-ready
Advantages of Offset
- Lower cost per unit for longer runs (Unit cost goes down as print quantity goes up)
- Better Quality with higher image resolution (especially when combined with CTP, like we do!)
- More paper options (Most digital devices require special papers and smooth finishes, which makes linen and laid finishes challenging or not possible)
- Pantone Spot Color and Metallic Ink options (Not all colors can be built from CMYK, no matter how hard you try!)
Making your decision…
Every year, between Thanksgiving and Christmas, all of us at Universal Printing get together for our annual Holiday Luncheon. The owners, Bob and Sandi, supply turkey and ham while everyone else brings in their favorite entree, side item, or dessert.
We talk a lot about “green printing” and what it means to be environmentally responsible. This is a topic that has always been important to us. Universal Printing has been a leader and innovator in aggressive environmentally responsible printing practices for over 30 years.
We love paper… LOVE it! Our slogan for the past 30 years has been “Making You Look Better On Paper, ON TIME!” It’s something we truly believe in and strive to accomplish daily. We also hope that it’s something that all printers, graphic designer, and marketing professionals all agree on: Paper ROCKS!